Technical supervision of the Berlin Mobile Brain/Body Imaging Lab headed by Prof. Dr. Klaus Gramann, a unique lab facility for recording multimodal data streams including EEG, motion capture, VR and other modalities in actively moving human participants. The candidate will be responsible for hardware and software systems in the lab, the integration of new hardware components to existing setups and wireless online synchronization, the overall lab management including resource management, maintenance of hardware and software systems, programming of experimental protocols for standard and mobile psychophysiological recordings, guidance of team members, supervision of lab users, responsibility for lab demonstrations of the lab.
• Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields, or proven history of abilities and experience in the above described activities.
• Strong programming background (Unity (C#), Python, MATLAB).
• Knowledge of network protocols and data synchronization principles as well as relevant aspects of time series data analysis (filters, time-frequency analysis, etc.).
• Experience in the use, maintenance and testing of complex technical systems.
• Interest in VR-technologies (HMDs), psychophysiological measurements and motion capture.
• Proven communication skills and organizational talent, good command of English
• Experience using distributed version control and source code management
• Experience with Lab-Streaming-Layer (LSL), scientific data management, lab structures and processes.
• Knowledge or interest in principles of game design.
Please send your written application including the reference number 55975 V-591/18 with the usual documents including a letter of motivation before 16th of November 2018 to